A late 19th century Sevres porcelain and gilt bronze mounted covered cobalt blue vase with raised gilt design and foliate handles. The front depicts Cupid and a maiden, the back, a landscape. Signed E. Grisard.
9” Wide x 6” Deep x 22” High
A piece of art glass with silver overlay onto the glass by Czech Republic maker, Loetz. It’s about 1910 can’t find a signature all though almost never signed but this one is so busy that you can’t see if there’s one or not. The top is 3” wide and the interior 3” deep.
5.5” Diameter x 3.5” High
An impeccable green bodied vase with clear drips on the sides and a purple base. French, signed Schneider, circa 1930s. The drips are 10.5” long, the interior is 12.5” deep.
7” Wide x 4.5” Deep x 16” High
The Schneider glassworks was started in 1903 at Epinay-sur-Seine by two brothers, Charles and Ernest Schneider. Ernest was manager and administrator. Charles was art director and supervisor of the art glass department. The Schneider plant moved to Lorris, France, in 1962 and is still in operation there.
Charles Schneider was born at Chateau-Theirry in 1881 and moved to Nancy as a small child where he grew up. Charles studied under Emile Galle, worked in the Galle factory for a time and also worked as a designer for the Daum brothers, The art glass of Schneider was either made by him or was closely supervised by him win the different stages of production. Art glass was produced between 1903 and 1930; crystal wares and lightly colored glass were made until 1945; and only clear crystal has been produced since 1945. Cameo glass was a relatively minor part of the art glass production of Schneider, its both acid and wheel cutting techniques used. Pieces are signed “Schneider” with or without an outline of a vase by the signature and with our without the name “France” by the signature.